“Milli´s voice is very colorful with a deep immersion into human emotion. Her modesty
and human genuineness is outstanding.“ – Jazzport.cz
A performer, painter, graphic artist, singer, multi-instrumentalist, composer, Milli Janatková is an eclectic artist who effortlessly interconnects artistic forms and genres. Based in the heart of Europe in the Czech Republic, she has visited countless places in Europe, India, and the USA. Milli has been performing since 2006 and exhibiting artwork since 2003. Apart from singing and voice in movement, she plays guitar, percussion, drums, and uses looping devices.
At present, Milli is completing the final stages of a project that comprises a music album and a collection of artworks. Following her projects Transformation (2013), To My Roots (2017) and Deep (2020), the project Quiet, please! is a multimedia project containing new songs and a set of graphic art called “milliatures”. The project inspires to renew quietness and respect to our body and psyché.
Regarding her painting artwork, Milli creates aquarelles outside, in plain air. During the past several years, she has undertaken several creative journeys as part of investigating her lineage, aiming to build on the tradition of her ancestors and to discover the essence of the Czech culture per se. Her alluring paintings serve as a model for linocuts and matrices, artifacts testifying to the painstaking nature of the cutting process. Echoing the lightness of Milli’s artistic presence, the ethereal overtones of her aquarelles are contrasted by the richness of spacious linocut prints.
The content and execution of Milli’s works reflect her multifaceted artistic personality. If you want to experience the light touch and, at the same time, the profound intensity of the land once occupied by our ancestors that will belong to those who come once we are gone, rest assured that Milli’s artistic creations and the depth of her soul will not disappoint.
“I enjoy bringing creative fields together in an instinctive way. I’m intrigued by the adventure of seeking and discovering the essence of things, which is something shared by all of us, regardless of what our roots are,” reveals Milli.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS – music and arts
- 2022: LIT Talent Awards, LIT Music of the Year – Quiet, Please!
- 2022: LIT Talent Awards, LIT Music – Quiet, Please! (Best Inspirational Music)
- 2022: Mělník Town Award – medail in memory of help in culture support
- 2021: Rasamatee Samman (Kulo Creative Society, India, West Bengal)
- 2019: The Independent Music Awards, USA – Vox Populi (World Traditional)
- 2018: The Independent Music Awards, USA – Vox Populi (A Capella)
- 2018: Classic Prague Awards – nomination of To My Roots (Crossover)
- 2018: Mělník Town Award – plaquette for artistic representation
- 2016: The Independent Music Awards, USA – four nominations
- 2014: The Independent Music Awards, USA – four nominations for Proměna
- 2010: Czech Anděl Award – nomination for katsa.theo project feat. Milli J.
- 2008: IV. International Biennal of Graphics in Rokycany – honorable mention
- 2007: Grafika roku – Graphics of the Year in Prague – honorable mention
- 2006: III. International Biennal of Graphics in Rokycany – honorable mention